I thought it might be helpful to share my current favorite products for healthy, beautiful eyes. Healthy being the first priority since itchy watery eyes don’t feel good or look good. Here are my current seven favorite eye-related products from the eyecare, skincare and makeup categories in order of application.
- Pazeo Solution (Eye Drops) – If you’re an allergy sufferer like me, read on. Otherwise, you can skip to number two on the list. This prescription product comes first as you have to use it at least 15 minutes before you insert your contact lenses. Since I can’t see well enough to do the other stuff without vision help, I’ll start the list here. These drops really help control my allergy symptoms, but at $45 per bottle under my insurance, they are very expensive. I use a manufacturer’s rebate at the link above to bring the cost per bottle down to a more affordable $10.
- Dr. Dennis Gross ferulic + retinol triple correction eye serum has really done wonders for me. The brand says that it reduces puffiness, brightens and also smooths fine lines and wrinkles. My number one complaint when I first purchased this product was under eye darkness. This serum did a great reducing the darkness to the point where I can skip concealer when I’m in a rush to get out the door. I’m on my second bottle and highly recommend the product. You do need to give it a bit of time to work (maybe six months) though.
- FOREO IRIS Illuminating Eye Massager is a device that massages the eye area to reduce visible signs of crow’s feet, dark circles, and under-eye bags according to the brand. I had already been using the serum above, so while I can’t say that the massager does all of the things claimed, I find it really relaxing and helpful for puffiness. I prefer this over the NuFace device because I don’t need to use a gel with it. I keep it on my nightstand for easy access before bed, although it is recommended for use twice per day.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer continues to be my favorite under eye concealer. I’ve written about this one a few times, and it is favored by many. Although I have a couple of others on hand, this is my go-to product and I use it most days of the week.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer has been a great find for me. I’ve been on the hunt for my perfect eyeshadow base, and I think maybe I’ve finally found it. I was introduced to this one at a recent Sephora PRO makeup class which you can read about here. It gets the job done for me, and the bonus that I’m lovin’ is that it comes in colors so I can get a nice even base color on my lids which complements my skin tone.
- The Natasha Denona Sunset Palette was the runaway makeup hit product this summer. It’s a limited edition palette that sold out rapidly, and it became my go-to eyeshadow palette of the season. I love the warm colors and the variety of looks you can create with this. The price tag almost scared me away, but I’m oh so glad that I was able to get my hands on this. Following up on my love for this palette, I was able to get the new Natasha Denona Lila Palette. Although I’ve only used it a few times so far, I was impressed with my ability to put together a nice neutral business meeting appropriate look. Both of these products initially sold out at Beautylish and Sephora. At the time of this writing, they are available, but that could change at any time. If you haven’t tried these dreamy shadows you just don’t know what you’re missing.
- Esqido Mink Eyelashes have been a fave of mine ever since my 30-day lash challenge. My skills with lash application continue to grow, and I’ve experimented with a variety of lash products. If you want to finish your eye makeup with a luxe extra then these are the lashes you’ll want to try. My most recent purchase was a relatively new style Esqido offers called Celestial.
These seven products are favorites that I’m using on a regular basis. In addition, I use a variety of additional products like mascara that I’ve not covered here. Let me know what you think, and what your go-to eye products are. While products can help with eye beauty, Audrey Hepburn had a very wise quote that I’ll close with.
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others